*Note: I was going to post this on Monday… But it didn’t work out, and yesterday my dad, some siblings and I went to the border. So, I’m doing it today! 🙂 *
Hey everyone!! I’m sooo happy to be back! I missed blogging, and emailing and chatting so much… But it was a good two weeks, and I’m glad I did it!
Here are 3 reasons why I did a media fast.
- So that I could spend more time with God, His Word, and my family.
- For my head. My head can start really hurting if I’m on the computer for a while.
- Just to give myself a break, lol! It can be stressful sometimes, always trying to write blog posts, and get them done in time… Not that I don’t like blogging- I love it! 😀
And here are some reasons it blessed me. (Other than the reasons I gave above!)
- I had more time to do other things such as reading, schoolwork, projects, chores, spending time with siblings, and more. 😉 I also was able to exercise (by going on a run) almost every day during those two weeks. For me, that’s impressive, lol!
- I was able to focus on the more important things in life such as relationships with God and my family.
- I got to read more books!!!!! (That’s always a blessing! Try not to take it for grated…! lol.)
- I learned God is always with me, even when I’m lonely. He’s a faithful friend!! 😀
During the media fast, I sang a lot, made movies with my siblings, wrote lots of letters, played a lot of piano, accordion and guitar. 🙂
Oh! And I mentioned before that my friend decided to do it with me at last minute! I asked her to share some reasons she did the media fast, and how it blessed her, to which she happily obliged. 🙂
And, without further ado, I present to you…. Kyra Rose!
3 reasons why I (Kyra) did the media fast…
- To glorify God.
- To take a break.
- To grow in my relationship with God
3 things I learned/ ways it blessed me…
- I learned that it is always very important to put God first, and to make sure nothing is even close to getting in the way of my relationship with God.
- 1 Peter 5:7; casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
During the last couple weeks God has used this verse to really bless and amaze me! I have learned how much God really cares for me! It was my sin that put Him on the cross, and yet He loves me and calls me His daughter!
- When I am weak, God is strong! He is faithful to help us through all things! To God alone be the glory!During the fast, I listened to music, played a lot guitar/piano, and a little bit of banjo, cleaned, and read books.😀
I think Kyra’s reason’s were really good, don’t you? 😀
Well, that’s it for now! Be on the lookout for a life update post with lots of pictures!! 😀
Have you ever done a media fast? Would you ever want to do one? Did you miss me??? XD