Hey everyone!! ❤️
So… as you may have noticed I haven’t been very motivated when it comes to consistently posting on my blog… Lately I’ve been more focused on making videos for my youtube channel. I want to get back into it though! I didn’t really have any ideas for a post, so I thought it’d be a good time to do a blog tag, or in this case, multiple blogs tags. Specifically, book themed tags, which are the funnest in my opinion. 😀 Let’s go ahead and get into it!
Kaley @Words nominated me for this fun looking tag! It’s called “I’ll Get Around to it Later”, referring to books I’ve been meaning to read, but haven’t yet. i.e. quite a few. Lol!
- Link back to the original post at Quote, Unquote so the creator can read your answers.)
- Link back to the post of the person who tagged you and thank them. (Thank you, Kaley!)
- You may use the included graphic anywhere in your post, but you don’t have to.
- Fill all seven categories.
- You can either leave this tag open so anyone can do it or tag up to seven people.
- A classic book that you have been meaning to read forever but haven’t yet
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I’ve owned this for a couple of years, but haven’t gotten around to actually reading it yet…
2. A book on your shelf that you haven’t read yet
There are several! A few of them are Sanctuary by Beverly Lewis, and a couple of books by Jannette Oke.
3. A book that you got recently that you haven’t read
I recently bought The Green Ember, and I can’t wait to read it! I’ve heard a lot of good things about it.
4. A book that you’ve had forever but haven’t read
A Tale of Two Cities… 😜 Other than that… XD The Valkyries series by Jeri Massi.
5. A book a friend recommended that you haven’t read
The Price to Pay: A Muslim Risks All to Follow Christ. My friend Hattush recommended this book to me when I asked for books about Muslims coming to Christ. I really want to read this one sometime!
6. A book you’re procrastinating on
A Tale of Two Cities.
7. The next book on your TBR
Lots….??? I’m not entirely sure what book I’m planning on reading NEXT. There are literally so many I want to read, and I always have to sift through my tbr and make that (hard) decision each time I pick out my books for the month. But I think next month I’ll be reading… The Green Ember…. Probably a book or two by Chautona Havig and Sarah Holman… You guys will just have to see. I’m sure I’ll be talking about my next reads in a later blog post as always. 😉
Next up, The Nerdy Bookworm Tag!! Caleb @Caleb E. King created this tag, and it looked really fun so I decided to do it! 😀 (Also, go check out the original post!)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the Nerdy Bookworm Tag Image in your post.
- Answer the five Nerdy Bookworm Questions.
- Nominate two or more bloggers.
- Have fun!
The 5 Nerdy Bookworm Questions:
- What is your favorite book(s) of all time?
Ooh, super hard one. Other than the Bible, maybe… The Minstrel by Malachi Cyr, The Star Under the City by Maggie Joy, and Volition by Chautona Havig. Of course, I have a lot more favorite books, and it also always changes, since I’m always reading more. 🙂
2. What’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to people handling books?
Opening a brand new book super wide and cracking the spine before it’s time… 😢
3. In your opinion, how big does a book have to be for you to be intimidated to read it?
Pretty large… I really love long books so. As long as it’s a good book that I enjoy, it could be thousands of pages. 😂
4. What’s your favorite book format? (Paperback, Hardcover, Ebook, Audiobook, ect.)
Paperback and hardcover. It’s hard to decide between those two, but if I had to pick one it’d probably be paperbacks because they’re cheaper and easier to hold. Hardbacks are so pretty though!
5. What are the first things you do when you pick up a book?
(Let’s assume this is at a used book store and prices are not crazy high) I look at the author’s name first probably, then the front and back cover. Then I flip through the book and see if the writing style looks interesting… Then I’ll probably smell it… And then I might buy it… (Or at least long for it…) 🤣
That was a really fun tag! Thanks for making it, Caleb!
I’m really excited about this last one called the My Life in Books blog tag!! I saw this one on the blog Quote, Unquote. (Cute name!!) Check our Leisl’s post over there. 🙂
–Find a book for each of your initials.
My name: Rosanna Joy Marr
R: Roses for Mama by Jannette Oke
J: Journey’s of Four by Rebekah Jones
M: Manuscript for Murder by Chautona Havig
– Count your age along your bookshelf: what book is it?
I have two shelves, so I decided to do this for each one. I got Little Women by L.M. Alcott, and The Cross and Switchblade by David Wilkinson. (I haven’t read that one yet) 🙂
– Pick a book set in your city/country
Well, I’m pretty much for SURE not going to find one in my city…. And I haven’t read that many books in Mexico either, lol! XD Let’s go with Marita by Evelyn Hege. I haven’t read that one in years!
–Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to.
Most books….! I want to go just about everywhere. 🤣 Let’s go with…
-Anne of Green Gables (Prince Edward Island, Canada)
– Hunting in the Highlands (Scotland)
– Emma (England)
– Pick a book that’s your favorite color
I seriously don’t even know what my favorite color is anymore…! I just love all colors. XD I like blue a lot, so I’ll go with that. I think this cover for Treasures of the Snow is so pretty!!
–Which book did you have the fondest memories of?
The Sugar Creek Gang series by Paul White!
–Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
I had a difficult time getting through David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. So difficult that I didn’t even finish it, so…XD I do want to try again someday though, because I am curious about what happens…
-What book on your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?
Finishing my entire TBR would be a pretty huge accomplishment. Other than that, I’m not really sure what one book would be a bigger “accomplishment” than the rest. 🙂
Also, I’m going to tag a few people right here, and they can choose which of these tags they want to do, should they decide to do one. 🙂
And anyone else who loves books and would like to do one of these tags!!
And that’s it, folks! Whew, that was a lot. Let me know if you guys actually made it all the way through that! Did I mention any of your favorite books?
Thanks so much for reading, and have a great day! ❤
Your affectionate bookish blogger,