Hey everyone!! 😀
In 2021 I did monthly recaps. I’m tired of that, so now I’m going to do monthly reviews. Will that make any difference? Nope. But will it make me happy? Yes. So we’re doing it. 🤣
Sorry, that was random. Anywho.
We’ve gone through the entire first month of 2022!! It’s now time for my to perform my monthly ritual of saying, “BOY, this year is going by crazy fast! Already.” 😂
I snapped this photo of me and my siblings while we were getting ready for a video call. 8/9 of us here!
Speaking of, I had a super fun video call with my friend, Kyra. 😀
We attempted to make a heart… But hearts are very difficult to make together with your hands when you’re 500 miles apart. It ended up looking like a broken heart, but oh well. We’ll try again next time! 😂
My sister Grace and I visited a friend of ours nearby. We hadn’t seen her in a good while, so that was great! She has an adorable baby girl. 😍
I’ve been working on going on walks more often. It’s a good form of exercise!
A few weeks ago, we rented a new building for church. We had been meeting on a building on our property, but now we want to be in the city, closer to more people.
My dad went on a trip to another state in Mexico by the ocean. He got this really need picture of some crocodiles!
I made this this Jane Austen book themed collage in my art journal using dust jackets from some of her books. I think it turned out so cool!
A painting that I was working on a few weeks ago, and um, am still kind of working on. 😂 I really need to finish it! I want to put a Bible verse on it, but I still haven’t decided which one to use. 🙂
I recorded these songs with my friend Kyra – I sang, and she played the guitar. She even wrote the second song… It’s amazing!! Make sure to subscribe to her channel if you’d like to see more song videos like these! 😀
I read quite a bit this month, haha. 😂 The Emily Abbott books are shorter though, so it wasn’t a totally insane amount.
- The Lost Dutchman’s Secret by Rebekah Jones (5 stars)
- Keep Faith in an Age of Reason by Jason Lisle (4.5 stars)
- Snow-crossed Letter by Chautana Havig (4 stars)
- Titanic – Poetry, Music and Stories by Ken Rosignal (5 stars)
- Evidence not Seen by Darlene Diebler Rose (5 stars!)
- Beauty Shop Tales by Beth Patillo (4 stars)
- Roses for Mamma by Jannette Oke (5 stars)
- A Father’s Secret by Donna Lynn Hess (5 stars)
- Waltz into the Waves by Sarah Holman (5 stars)
- Red Rover, Red rover by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick (5 Stars)
- Plan to Fail by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick (5 Stars)
- Bad Things, Small Packages by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick (5 Stars)
- Tutor, Nanny, Spit-up, Sky by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick (5 Stars)
- A-Spying we will Go by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick (5 Stars)
- Once Upon a Dime by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick (5 Stars)
- Five Star Spy by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick (5 Stars)
- The Autobiography of John Paton by John Paton (5 stars)
My favorite books from this month were Evidence not Seen, Roses for Mamma and The Lost Dutchman’s Secret. And all the Emily Abbott books were amazing!! I read them out loud to some of my siblings, and they loved them too!
How was your month? Have you read any of the books I mentioned?