Yesterday, a friend wrote in her blog post that November 5 was national Love Your Red Hair Day. I was super excited about that, since, as you probably know, I’m a red head! =)
To celebrate, I will be posting some fun facts about red heads. Some of them are true, some of them might just be a myth, but it’s fun to read them anyway. 😀 😉
- Bees are more attracted to red heads than any other hair color. I think I believe this one! It seems like there are constantly bees circling around my head… (Well, maybe not quite constantly…!)
- Redheads actually have less hair than other colors of hair. According to research on an average, brunettes have 140,000 strands of hair; blondes have 110,000 strands of hair and redheads have about 90,000. But red hair is thicker than any other hair color, so it looks just as full.
- People with red hair are more sensitive to pain.
- The highest population of red-heads is in Scotland (13%), followed by Ireland(10%). Worldwide, only about 2% of the population has red hair!
- Red head are more likely to be left handed. Well, I’m right handed (though I am left eye dominant!), but my red-headed brother is left handed.
- Red hair hair and blue eyes are a very rare combination. Wow, I have red hair and blue eyes!!! Well, sometimes my eyes are greenish, and sometimes they are hazel too, depending on what I’m wearing. But they’re usually blue! 😀
- According to some studies, redheads have more sensitive teeth. Redheads also bruise easily than those who have any other hair color.
Aaaaaannnnd, that’s about it. 😀 I am super thankful to God for giving my my red hair. =) Oh, and a happy Love Your Red Hair Day to all my awesome red headed friends!
Do you have red hair. If not what color hair do you have?